Ready to hunt longbeards? Here’s a look at some of the top turkey gear for bowhunters that you’ll want with you on your next hunt.
GALLERY: Turkey Gear for Bowhunters
1 of 10
<h2>McKenzie Natra-Look Gobbling Turkey Target </h2>Zero in on a <a href="http://www.mckenzie3d.com" target="_new">McKenzie</a> Natra-Look Gobbling Turkey Target ($179.99) and bag your bird every time a shot presents itself. The 20-inch high target (at the shoulder) is tough and durable, while the DuraFlex foam midsection helps ensure long service and easy arrow removal. Ultraviolet light won’t damage the 20-pound target either. Specify ASA or IBO scoring when ordering.
- <h2>McKenzie Natra-Look Gobbling Turkey Target </h2>Zero in on a <a href="http://www.mckenzie3d.com" target="_new">McKenzie</a> Natra-Look Gobbling Turkey Target ($179.99) and bag your bird every time a shot presents itself. The 20-inch high target (at the shoulder) is tough and durable, while the DuraFlex foam midsection helps ensure long service and easy arrow removal. Ultraviolet light won’t damage the 20-pound target either. Specify ASA or IBO scoring when ordering.
- <h2>Carry Lite’s Pretty Mama & Bob’n Tail Decoys </h2>Pair <a href="http://www.carrylitedecoys.com" target="_new">Carry Lite’s</a> Pretty Mama feeding hen decoy ($34.99) with a Bob’n Tail strutting tom decoy ($59.99) to lure gobblers into range. Pretty Mama’s head was molded from an actual, freeze-dried hen head, while the Bob’n Tail’s fan moves so naturally it dispels any doubts a wary old tom might harbor. Each Bob’n Tail comes with decoy, fan, carrying bag and stake.
- <h2>Knight & Hale’s Metal Yell </h2><a href="http://www.knightandhale.com" target="_new">Knight & Hale’s</a> Metal Yell all-Aluminum Friction Turkey Call ($34.99) is totally weatherproof from the bottom of its pot to the top of its calling surface. Drive gobblers crazy with high-volume yelps, the softest of purrs and everything in between. A purpleheart striker, which is included, will create realistic calls every time you venture into the woods.
- <h2>Primo Hook Hunter Series</h2>The Hook Hunter series of diaphragm calls by <a href="http://www.primos.com" target="_new">Primos</a> ($14.99 each) is constructed with premium gauge reeds that are cut by hand. The Long Hook with its Upper Cut diaphragm creates raspy yelps; the Sharp Hook with Spike Cut is a more universal, do-everything call; and the 2-Inch Hook with Ghost Cut requires just a small volume of air to operate yet delivers pitch-perfect lost calls and purrs every time.
- <h2>Cabela’s Realtree AP Camouflage </h2>Lightweight and versatile Realtree AP camouflage clothing from <a href="http://www.cabelas.com" target="_new"></a>Cabela’s will help you blend in any situation. Perfect for warm, spring days afield are Cabela’s Microtex Lite Six-Pocket Pants ($69.99), Cabela’s Microtex Lite 7-Button Shirt ($59.99), Cabela’s Camoskinz Unlined Gripper Dot Gloves ($19.99), Cabela’s Camoskinz Facemask ($19.99) and Cabela’s Lightweight Mesh-Backed Cap ($14.99). Prices may vary depending on size.
- <h2>Real Avid’s Turkey Tool </h2><a href="http://www.realavid.com" target="_new">Real Avid’s</a> Turkey Tool ($39.99) truly is an all-around turkey-hunting solution. Its been designed to incorporate a saw for trimming underbrush and helping to field dress game, a knife, choke wrench, pin punch, carry hook and a beard and spur ruler. A tough, handy sheath is also included.
- <h2>Redhead’s Bucklick Creek Turkey Lounger</h2><a href="http://www.basspro.com" target="_new">Redhead’s</a> Bucklick Creek Turkey Lounger ($79.99) is totally comfortable and undeniably functional. It’s not only a vest, it’s an instant chair that can be used anywhere, even where no trees exist for back support. Made of a water-resistant, micro-denier fabric, the vest is designed with pockets for two slate calls, two mouth calls and a box call. A large accessory pocket, shell loops, hydration bladder compatibility and a decoy bag complete this must-have product.
- <h2>Magnus Bullhead Broadhead</h2>Put a thumping on any gobbler by tipping up with a <a href="http://www.magnusbroadheads.com" target="_new">Magnus</a> Bullhead Broadhead ($39.95 per 3-pack). The deadly efficient Magnus 3-Blade Bullhead was engineered to produce devastating head and neck shots on turkeys. The 125-grain version has a beefy, 3 3/4-inch cutting diameter, while the 100-grain version has a 2 3⁄4-inch cutting diameter. Either will get the job done right!
- <h2>HuntMore's 360-degree Blind Chair </h2><a href="http://www.huntmore.biz" target="_new">HuntMore’s</a> 360-degree Blind Chair ($219) has plenty of features ground blind bowhunters will love, like big feet that grip the ground firmly and steadily, adjustable legs that are easy to level, a backrest and silent 360-degree rotation. The 8.5-pound chair is collapsible and comes with its own packable carry sack.
- <h2>Ameristep’s Carnivore Ground Blind </h2>Reign supreme in <a href="http://www.ameristep.com" target="_new">Ameristep’s</a> Carnivore Ground Blind ($329.99). The poly-cotton outer shell reduces noise and sheen, while the ground skirt helps contain scent. The 74-inch wide, 66-inch high bind has six windows for 180-degree viewing. Other features include shoot-through mesh and a custom backpack-style carrying case with bow-carrying attachment. Measures 9 inches wide by 47 inches long when packed and weighs 22 pounds.