March 27, 2017
By Emily Kantner
Editors Note: For a complete listing of 2017 Turkey Gear, pick up a copy of the April/May 2017 issue of Petersen's Bowhunting on newsstands today!
* The new Rage Turkey Broadhead ($29.99 per 2-pack) features a razor-sharp Meat Hook Tip combined with a 2-blade Slip-Cam rear to take turkeys down quickly and ethically. With a 2€‰1„8-inch cutting diameter, the 100-grain broadhead was designed to impair one or both wings on contact. The aerodynamic, anodized, aluminum ferrule with a Rage Shock Collar ensures secure blade retention in flight and reliable deployment upon impact.
* Cabela's new line of Scout Camo Clothing ($50-$60) is lightweight and breathable for spring gobbler hunts. Both the pants and seven-button shirt were designed with 130-gram polyester ripstop, stretch panels for mobility and mesh-backed pockets. The polyester hoodie and long-sleeve tee feature flat-lock seams and double-needle stitching for comfort and durability. All pieces are treated with 4Most Inhibit technology to prevent odor buildup and are available in Realtree Xtra camo.
* Blend into your surroundings and go unnoticed by gobblers with the Ameristep Supernatural Blind ($249.99) in Realtree Xtra camo. Featuring organic window opening shapes and brush pockets to hold natural vegetation, the new design was created with NATURSHELL exterior fabric to eliminate glare. All windows are equipped with a silent, daisy-chain curtain closure system and replaceable shoot-through mesh camo screens. The 59x59-inch Supernatural Blind includes a carrying case, stakes and tie-down rope for easy setup and teardown.
* Montana Decoy's Fanatic XL ($79.99) provides extended coverage for movement when hunting gobblers with a bow. The included Turkey Foot Reaping Base allows the decoy to stand on its own for the big shot. Comfortably fit the lightweight decoy within a vest or carry it by the dual-purpose leg pole/handle. The portable Fanatic XL features a mesh view-through window and is HD printed for unmatched realism.
* Fire up gobblers on any hunt with the versatile Primos Classic Crow Call ($19.99). Use this locator call to create authentic crow sounds that will get quiet toms agitated and talking throughout the day. The Classic Crow Call is custom-crafted with laser-engraved hardwood and built-in back pressure for maximum control and a wide range in sound.
* In partnership with the National Wild Turkey Federation, ALPS OutdoorZ developed the Super Elite 4.0 Turkey Hunting Vest ($99.99), designed with breathable mesh panels and a quiet cotton lining. The vest features a total of 22 pockets for a variety of calls and easy access to a cell phone. A 2.5-inch foldaway seat and bloodproof game pocket make the Super Elite 4.0 the ultimate turkey-hunting vest for conveniently carrying all the gear you'll need in the field.