It doesn’t get much easier than this mouthwatering elk venison steak recipe! Just layer all the ingredients into your slow cooker in the morning, and it will be ready to serve with your favorite salad or veggies by dinnertime.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-7 hours
- 2 elk venison sirloin steaks
- 1 au jus gravy packet
- 1 onion soup mix packet
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter (½ stick)
- ⅓ cup rosé wine
- Cut elk venison steaks into strips and place them in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Pour rosé wine evenly over elk venison strips.
- Sprinkle in garlic powder and black pepper.
- Next, pour Au Jus packet, followed by Onion Soup Mix packet, over the strips and seasonings.
- Add brown sugar.
- Place butter on top.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, turning strips into the mixture approximately halfway through cook time if desired.
- Serve elk venison steak with gravy over mashed potatoes, white rice, or with a side salad.