December 20, 2022
TenPoint Crossbow Technologies today unveiled a trio of new-for-2023 crossbows, headlined by the all-new Flatline 460 — a feature-rich, high-performance rig the company is billing as the fastest compact crossbow ever.
Measuring just 26.5 inches long and 7.5 inches wide when cocked, the Flatline 460 features a reverse-draw bow assembly that results in a 14-inch power stroke. Combined with the RX8-Cam System and stout split limbs, the crossbow launches the included, 16-inch, 400-grain EVO-X Center Punch bolts at a blistering 460 fps.
“The Flatline 460 is designed for the hardcore hunter — the hunter who walks a little further, sits a little longer and needs to make the most of that split-second opportunity when it presents itself,” TenPoint CEO Phil Bednar said. “With its micro footprint…it provides all the advantages of a low profile without sacrificing speed or accuracy.”
Speaking of accuracy, the Flatline 460’s precision is aided by TenPoint’s Vector-Quad cable technology that uses four cam cables rather than the traditional two. By using top and bottom cables on each cam, forces applied during the draw and shot cycle are evened out, resulting in level nock travel for consistent, repeatable accuracy. That accuracy can also be put to good use at longer ranges thanks to the included EVO-X Marksman Elite scope that is perfectly calibrated for the speed of the bow, with aiming points from 20-100 yards in tandem with red/green dual illumination. Scope function is further enhanced by a new, longer dovetail scope mount with Scope Struts. The added length allows for more versatility in achieving perfect eye relief and/or adding laser-rangefinding or thermal optics, while the struts dramatically increase the strength and stability of the scope platform, resulting in better long-range accuracy.
Other highlights of the Flatline 460 include:
- Incredible balance and maneuverability thanks to the reverse-draw bow configuration that results in a riser situated in the center of the unit. This eliminates the top-heavy feel found on many traditional crossbows and greatly enhances stability while shooting off-hand.
- The patented ACUslide Cocking and De-Cocking System featuring the Auto-Brake Gear System that holds the bowstring securely in place throughout the cocking and de-cocking process, even if you remove your hand from the cocking handle. Furthermore, the ACUslide system reduces cocking effort on the Flatline 460 to a mere 5 pounds.
- TenPoint’s two-stage, zero-creep S1 trigger with an advanced roller-sear system that delivers a consistent, crisp, 3.5-pound pull. The trigger is equipped with a DFI (Dry-Fire-Inhibitor) and is fitted with a nylon-filament arrow retention brush that improves arrow grip and alignment to reduce noise and vibration. An integrated string stop system is also included to further reduce noise and vibration.
- A 16-inch MICRO-TRAC fluted barrel that reduces string-to-barrel contact by 50 percent to provide increased accuracy and the longest string life in the industry — surpassing competitor crossbows by hundreds of shots.
- A lightweight, two-piece TEC-TACTICAL stock that features a butt plate with 1 inch of length-of-pull adjustment. The stock also helps keep overall weight of the Flatline 460 to just 7.5 pounds without accessories.
- EVO-X CenterPunch bolts featuring an impressive straightness rating of ±.001-inch and weight tolerance of ±1 grain from bolt to bolt. The 16-inch bolts also feature 17.5 percent F.O.C. for excellent performance in the wind and hard-hitting penetration upon impact.
The Flatline 460 is finished in Veil Alpine camo and comes as a ready-to-hunt package that includes the ACUslide system, EVO-X Marksman Elite scope, 6 EVO-X CenterPunch 16 bolts, integrated string stop system, 6-bolt Tech Quiver, Sentry Bowhanger and bubble level. The retail price is $2,599.99.
The second new-for-2023 TenPoint offering is the Stealth 450. Billed as the fastest forward-draw crossbow ever, the Stealth 450 shoots 400-grain bolts 450 fps. This crossbow also boasts the ACUslide silent cocking and de-cocking system and offers a very compact form factor, measuring just 6.5 inches wide when cocked.
Measuring 33 inches long and weighing 7.5 pounds without accessories, the Stealth 450 is powered by the RX6-Cam System and also features TenPoint’s Vector-Quad cable technology for perfect string travel and terrific downrange accuracy.
Like the Flatline 460, the Stealth 450 comes with TenPoint’s EVO-X Marksman Elite 100-yard scope, along with the new, longer dovetail scope-mounting rail and Scope Struts for maximum stability and repeatable, long-range accuracy. In addition, a rail-mounted bubble level allows you to identify and correct any “canting” of the crossbow, helping to eliminate left and right misses.
“The new Stealth 450 is the pinnacle of a high-performance, premium, forward-draw crossbow,” TenPoint CEO Phil Bednar said. “It is lightning fast, lightweight, well-balanced, and incredibly accurate.”
Other highlights of the Stealth 450 include:
- TenPoint’s two-stage, S1 trigger with a crisp, 3.5-pound pull, DFI (Dry-Fire-Inhibitor) and integrated string stop system to quell shot noise and vibration A 19-inch MICRO-TRAC fluted barrel that reduces string-to-barrel contact by 50 percent, resulting in dramatically prolonged string life.
- A lightweight, two-piece TEC-TACTICAL stock with an adjustable butt plate that allows for a customized length of pull.
- An integrated Sentry Bowhanger in the traditional foot stirrup location, allowing users to easily hang the crossbow in the treestand.
The Stealth 450 is finished in Veil Alpine camo and comes as a ready-to-hunt package that includes the ACUslide system, EVO-X Marksman Scope, 3 Pro Elite carbon bolts with a ±.003-inch straightness rating and 6-bolt Tech Quiver. The retail price is $2,099.99.
The third and final new-for-2023 TenPoint offering is the Viper 430 — a faster, narrower and more accurate version of the Viper S400. Propelling 400-grain bolts at 430 fps, the Viper 430 measures just 6.5 inches wide when cocked and comes paired with TenPoint’s new RangeMaster 100 Scope for long-range accuracy.
The Viper is powered by the RX6-Cam System and features a 13-inch power stroke. The bow assembly also makes use of TenPoint’s Vector-Quad cable technology for perfect string travel and consistent downrange accuracy. The rig also features TenPoint’s ACUslide safe and silent cocking and de-cocking system.
“From speed to maneuverability to accuracy, we have taken one of our best-selling crossbows to date and made it better in every sense,” TenPoint CEO Phil Bednar said. “With more speed and safe de-cocking at a better price than its competitors, the Viper 430 is set to dominate the narrow crossbow market.”
Other highlights of the Viper 430 include:
- The new RangeMaster 100 scope featuring upgraded glass for improve image clarity and brightness, along with aiming points from 20-100 yards, in 10-yard increments, matched to the speed of the bow. The scope is mounted on a new, longer scope rail with Scope Struts for rock-solid stability and repeatable, same-hole accuracy.
- The two-stage, S1 trigger with crisp, 3.5-pound pull, DFI Dry-Fire-Inhibitor and integrated string stop system.
- A 19-inch MICRO-TRAC fluted barrel that reduces string-to-barrel contact by 50 percent for enhanced string life.
- A lightweight, two-piece TEC-TACTICAL stock with an adjustable butt plate for customized length of pull.
The Viper 430 measures 33 inches long and is available in your choice of Vektra camo or Moss Green. It comes as a ready-to-hunt package that includes the ACUslide system, RangeMaster scope, 3 Pro Elite carbon bolts with ±.003-inch straightness rating, 3-bolt quiver and Sentry Bowhanger. The retail price is $1,799.99 in Vektra camo and $1,699.99 for Moss Green.