Venison Bacon-Cheese Sliders Recipe
April 17, 2018
If you prefer sliders over the traditional-sized burger, try this easy-to-make venison recipe
[caption id="attachment_14431" align="aligncenter" width="1366"] Venison Bacon-Cheese Sliders Recipe (Jeff Phillips photo)[/caption]
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 pound venison breakfast sausage
- 1 pound ground beef (85/15)
- 1 (1.06-ounce) packet McCormick Grill Mates Brazilian Steakhouse Marinade
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Dried minced onions, to taste
- Colby cheese slices
- 1 Vidalia onion, sliced thin
- Thin slices of crispy cooked bacon (optional)
- Sweet Hawaiian Slider Buns
- Shredded lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Stubb's Original (or Spicy) BBQ Sauce
[caption id="attachment_14432" align="aligncenter" width="1366"] (Jeff Phillips photo)[/caption]
1. Mix first 7 ingredients together in a bowl and allow mixture to sit until room temperature.
2. Form venison mixture into little patties, each about 3 inches wide. Lightly coat one side of each venison patty with dried mined onions.
[caption id="attachment_14433" align="aligncenter" width="1366"] (Jeff Phillips photo)[/caption]
3. Grill venison sliders on hot grill. These venison sliders will cook fast, within about 5 minutes. Pull them off the grill as soon as they’re no longer pink.
4. Serve each venison slider on a Hawaiian bun with mayonnaise, a slice of cheese, a Vidalia onion slice, bacon (if using), shredded lettuce, a tomato slice, and BBQ sauce.
[caption id="attachment_14434" align="aligncenter" width="1366"] (Jeff Phillips photo)[/caption]